March 29, 2009

Networking

This weekend while camping in the Overberg (close to Swellendam) I went for a run. Close to the finish I met a bunch of joggers. We started talking and it turned out that one of them is a rental agent in Bloubergstrand. The exact place we are looking to rent at the moment.

This is where networking starts, with basic conversation.

I have quickly realized that your network is actually everyone that you have built a relationship with or in a few moments made “contact” with.

In the business world this is your life line. On the Internet there are a couple of websites available to keep track of your network, but it still boils down to making personal contact with another human being.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charl

    Thanks for reminding me about the importance of the basics. This blog post is so important. Keep up the good work - it help me a lot to keep business fit, to focus on the basics and I enjoy all your posts.

    Q

    ReplyDelete