March 17, 2009

Fit for business

I went for a jog after work. Wow! but this can clear your head. This bit of exercise gave me the inspiration for this blog.

My coach in business is always hammering away to “get” fit for business. We don’t always think this way about business.


Any business or department should at least have the following basic “legs”:

• OPERATIONS – What you suppose to produce or deliver
• MARKETING – How good and how often you market or communicate your processes internally and in your work with customers, externally
• ADMIN & FINANCE – Financial targets and budgets
• HUMAN RESOURCES – manage the skills needed to perform all the above

In turn each portfolio above is split into these functions. This principle even applies for those of you who are currently an employee. Each day you have to work on each one of these functions.
To stay “fit” I apply these principles to this blog. Let me know how you stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment