February 15, 2009

To move from your comfort zone and being challenged

My whole career so far has been spent in the finance environment. Talk about staying in your comfort zone. Don’t get me wrong, you are being challenged daily by working on the numbers, but within the luxury of your comfort zone. When I read the business plan for ambitionblog, I was moved. I thought it would be awesome to get involved in this business. Little did I know I would end up having to compose this blog. To start off with a clean word document with no excel columns is really out of my framework. I mean I used to write written reports in excel.

Outside the work environment I have many passions: travelling, meeting people, exercising to name a few. These passions, I believe also contribute to making myself more marketable to any employer. This is what ambitionblog has done for me so far. My fellow team mates have already discovered there is more to me than numbers. I have been assigned to move our business into International waters. The ambitionblog business will take all the different aspects of your life and mould it into one “advertisement” of yourself and publish it to the world.

Watch this space for my next blog.

4 comments:

  1. I will closely follow the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing reports in excel!!! wow a sure sign of imbalance :)

    enjoy word and goforit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All people that achieved something of significance will testify that their achievements were brought about by putting themselves under pressure. Humans are much like rubber bands, they have to be streched to become usefull.

    Staying in your comfort zone will leave you messed up in mediocraty and total degeneration of your abilities as a creative creature.

    Only people who challenged the settled believes of "can not be done" brought changes that made this world a better place for millions. Columbus, Henry Ford and the Wright Brothers are some of these guys.

    Yes I believe the team at Ambitionblog consists of such persons. Never mind the frustrations, the disappointments and hardships, the strenght of a man is in his thoughts. What you can visualise you can create.

    I believe you guys are going to proof to mankind that the world you are working with is not flat at all!

    ReplyDelete